The Society aims to advance Biochemistry and Molecular Biology in NZ, facilitating research and education, and interfacing with business and the community. We are committed to supporting our early career researchers.
The NZSBMB web site is intended to be a useful online resource for members and non-members alike:
- Find out more about the NZSBMB and its activities.
- Keep up to date with the latest NZSBMB news.
- Find out about the latest conferences, awards and fellowships.
- Follow links to sites of interest for Molecular Biologists and Biochemists.
Find out more about the NZSBMB here or if you have any questions contact us here.
2016 Custom Science NZSBMB Award
Dr Paul Gardner (University of Canterbury) is the winner of this year's Custom Science NZSBMB Award for Research Excellence. In his award lecture, Dr Gardner gave a fascinating account of how avoiding RNA-RNA interactions is important for controlling protein expression, and evolution. He also spoke about his benchmarking of bioinformatics tools – from which he was forced to conclude that many are both slow, and inaccurate!
Student Travel Awards
Congratulations to the following students, for winning travel awards in the March 2016 round:
- Alison Clare (University of Otago)
- Danielle Maddock (University of Otago)
- Denis Simonov (University of Auckland)
- Monika Sharma (University of Otago)