The Society aims to advance the science of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology in NZ, facilitating research and education, and interfacing with business and the community.
The NZSBMB Web Site is intended to be a useful online resource for members and non-members alike:
- Find out more about the NZSBMB and its activities.
- Keep up to date with the latest NZSBMB news.
- Find out about the latest conferences, awards and fellowships.
- Follow links to sites of interest for Molecular Biologists and Biochemists.
Find out more about the NZSBMB here or if you have any questions contact us here.
NZSBMB Life Technologies Award
Associate Professor Margreet Vissers (University of Otago, Christchurch) is the winner of the 2012 NZSBMB Life Technologies Award. She is pictured here, receiving her trophy from Steve Ilgutz of Life Technologies. In her award lecture at August's Queenstown Molecular Biology meeting, A/Prof. Vissers described her team's research on the biochemistry of ascorbate (i.e. vitamin C). More information can be found on her website.
Student Travel Awards
Congratulations to the following students, for winning travel awards in the March 2013 round:
- Diana Balasubramanain (University of Otago)
- Cornelia Geßner (University of Otago)
- Wesley Wen (Massey University)